[vtkusers] Xlib async error

Serge Egelman serge at guanotronic.com
Mon Jul 15 19:32:03 EDT 2002

Hi,
	I'm working on a heavily multithreaded project in Java, using VTK.  The main program spawns multiple vtkPanels, and each is to display something different.  I've recently begun getting the dreaded: "Xlib: unexpected async reply", and started looking up information on this error.  I cam across the following message: http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2002-January/009318.html

	This clearly explained the problem, but I'm still at a loss for a solution (since the cause is from using multiple vtkRenderWindows).  What exactly would be involved in fixing this problem (as making the panels tabbed isn't a very good solution for this application)?

	I'm running Debian x86 with XFree86 4.1.0

	Thanks,

	serge
--
/*
Serge Egelman

"We ought to make the pie higher."  --George W. Bush, that subliminable kid
*/