[vtkusers] Simple clip plane example?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Jul 16 00:05:28 EDT 2002

    BvB> I am trying to find my way in VTK.  Can somebody please point
    BvB> me out how to do the following:

    BvB> - I have an vtkUnstructuredGrid with data values defined at
    BvB> the vertices.  - I now want to slice through this model with
    BvB> a clipping plane.  - I want to be able to move (rotate,
    BvB> translate) the clipping plane with the mouse.

    BvB> A small example would be very much appreciated.

Under VTK 4.x you could look at:

 Examples/GUI/Tcl/ProbingWithPlaneWidget.tcl

This is of course bleeding edge stuff.  If you want a less fancy
example look at:

Examples/VisualizationAlgorithms/Tcl/CutCombustor.tcl

Also, in the future look at the online documentation to find examples.
For instance the documentation for vtkCutter is here:

http://public.kitware.com/VTK/doc/nightly/html/classvtkCutter.html

There are links to examples.

http://public.kitware.com/VTK/doc/nightly/html/c2_vtk_e_0.html#c2_vtk_e_vtkCutter

Also use grep or better rgrep (recursive grep) on the Examples
directory to find what you want.

cheers,
prabhu