[vtkusers] Xlib async error

Serge Egelman serge at guanotronic.com
Mon Jul 15 20:03:04 EDT 2002

I'm using a hacked version of the cvs vtkPanel class.  It's the same, except I added dynamic rendering support (a timer is created and it calls this.Render when it receives an ActionEvent from that timer).  I'm sure that the source of the problem is calling Render on two separate windows at the same time.  However, one should be able to do this.  The problem seems to be in the implementation of Render() (either in how the java VM makes the X calls, or in vtk itself).  I'm just wondering if anyone has come up with a workaround for this.

Thanks,

serge

--
/*