[vtkusers] Cross-Hatching & Brushes

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Wed Jul 10 21:24:40 EDT 2002

jb1) It's JB here, I notice nobody replied to your post and thought I'd try
to help.
jb2) Oh good. Do you know the answer then?
jb1) Oh well, I'm not so sure, but I tried an experiment..
jb2) Oh good, what sort of experiment?
jb1) A very simple one, I just displayed a mesh with a texture with some
white stuff on it
jb2) And what happened
jb1) Nothing much, there was a mesh and it had a texture on it - and it
looked white in bits
jb2) Does that help us?
jb1) Oh, sorry, I meant to say, there was a mesh and it had a texture on it,
and - Then - I set the colour of the mesh to be non-white
jb2) This sounds good. What next?
jb1) Well, the white bits looked non-white
jb2) Excellent! Were they the same non-white as the non-white we wanted?
jb1) Yes I think so
jb2) So it works then?
jb1) I think so. I didn't make the other bits of the texture transparent and
leave just the white bits with the non-white stuff underneath showing
through, but I'm fairly sure that it won't make any different if the other
bits are transparent and you should just get the white non-white stuff and
nothing else
jb2) This is great. Why didn't you try that before posting the question
then?
jb1) Well, you know...I'm lazy and I thought someome would just tell me it'd
work and then I wouldn't need to do the experiment.
jb2) Ahhhh, I see.
jb1) Yes. Sorry. I knew I'd have to do it sometime, so I should have just
done it and then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Now I just need to
create a vtkBrushTextureGeneratorThingyFilter class and a
BrushTextureCoordinateFromScalarGenerator and then we'll be sorted.
jb2) Good, and then we can go to sleep?
jb1) Yes, but it's late. Go to sleep now and worry about it tomorrow
jb2) Ok. Goodnight.
jb1) Goodnight.