[vtkusers] Java + Linux Xlib Error

Peter J. Carr pjc at hootenanny.org
Thu Jan 17 14:24:06 EST 2002

I get the following XLib error as soon as I interact (drag my mouse on
the cone) with SimpleVTK:
    Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x1f1)!
I also had this problem circa 1998 (vtk2.*) in an SGI (Irix 6.3).

I am now running VTK4 on a Linux machine (RedHat7.2). I tried running
with jdk1.3 from Sun, jdk1.4(beta) from Sun, and jdk1.3 from IBM. All
result in the same problem. I compiled vtk with pthreads.

Any ideas, suggestions?

I don't have a great understanding of the different thread libraries on
a linux system so pointers to info are appreciated.

- Peter Carr