[vtkusers] vtkErrorMacro and vtkOutputWindow

Christopher R. Volpe cvolpe2 at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jan 15 23:12:26 EST 2002

I've just noticed something weird lately in the Win32 version of VTK.
Executing the vtkErrorMacro no longer seems to create the physical window
into which error messages are displayed. In order to see such output, I need
to manually do the following in wish:
vtkOutputWindow ow
ow DisplayText foo

This was never true in the past. The first invocation of vtkErrorMacro would
open up the window. As a result, I've been missing useful diagnostic
messages. Can anyone confirm/explain this behavior?

thanks,
Chris