[vtkusers] vtkErrorMacro and vtkOutputWindow

Andy Cedilnik Andy.Cedilnik at kitware.com
Wed Jan 16 09:26:07 EST 2002

Since I was the one who recently modified vtkErrorMacro and vtkWarningMacro,
I will try to help you.
For me warnings and errors seems to work perfectly.

First of all, try to write a small program that will generate an error and
warning.
What I suggest is to try to for example read the file that does not exist:

vtkPNGReader r
r SetFileName "/tmp/whatever.png"
r Update

This should generate error.
Similar way you can generate warning. You will have to grep on the VTK code.

If this works, then you have problem in your code.

                         Andy Cedilnik