[vtkusers] Building VTK for XDarwin

Joey Mukherjee joey at phobos.space.swri.edu
Wed Feb 27 16:10:35 EST 2002

>I don't have any experience in building VTK for Cygwin/Xfree86.
>However, we are using Cygwin, but only so we can use 'normal' makefiles
>to build a native windows application.

Bummer.  Anyway, I might try taking your stuff and see if I can use it for
Win32.

I did notice one problem in using your modifications to the CMakefile.txt.

First, do you use texture maps?  My guess is no, since the problem seems to be
in vtkOpenGLTexture.cxx.  There are a few "#ifdef __APPLE__"'s in there and they
all rely on the Quartz stuff, not the X stuff.

If we are relying on X stuff, should __APPLE__ be defined?  I think it should
be, but in this case, we should not be keying on the __APPLE__ but on
VTK_USE_QUARTZ in the vtkToolkits.h file.  I changed vtkOpenGLTexture.cxx and it
now works fine.

Yves: are you listening?  I know you did a lot of the work on this, would this
be a major problem?

I did a grep, and this is what I got:

[joeymac:~/sddas/VTK] joey% grep -l "__APPLE__" */*.cxx */*.h
Common/vtkDynamicLoader.cxx
Hybrid/vtkVRMLImporter.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLActor.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLCamera.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLImageActor.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLImageMapper.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLImager.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLLight.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper2D.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLProperty.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLRenderer.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLTexture.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLVolumeTextureMapper2D.cxx
Rendering/vtkQuartzImageWindow.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.h
Rendering/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.h
Rendering/vtkOpenGLStateCache.h
Rendering/vtkOpenGLTexture.cxx
Rendering/vtkOpenGLVolumeRayCastMapper.h

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                 "The price of freedom is eternal      +
+     joey at swri.org                   vigilance, or $12.50 as seen on      +
+                                     E-Bay...                             +