[vtkusers] I need helps and suggestions for runing VTK under IBM ThinkPad T23

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Fri Feb 8 22:53:20 EST 2002

    TY>  Dear VTK user group: I have implemented a visualization
    TY> software using vtk + MFC (VC6.0) under window 2000 (with
    TY> service pack 2 and Direct X 8.0).  This notebook is IBM T23
    TY> with S3 SuperSavage/IXC.  The Bios and the S3 driver are all
    TY> updated to the newest version from IBM download page.  The
    TY> software mainly read in plot3d binary files and plot the
    TY> solution properties (like the pressure or temperature plot).
    TY> I was able to plot the shaded scalar slices when it first
    TY> showed up. But when I rotate (or move) the object, the
    TY> gradient of the color was gone.  It became an object with mono
    TY> color.

Well, I really have no idea of Windows drivers but I do know that
under linux Mesa versions earlier than 4.x have some trouble with VTK.
In the mesa case actors will suddenly (pretty randomly too) disappear.
These problems have been fixed and shouldn't occur with recent Mesa
releases.  What I'm trying to say is that it is possibly a
driver/openGL problem.  So maybe upgrading/downgrading the s3 drivers
(if thats possible) is a good idea.

prabhu