[vtkusers] I need helps and suggestions for runing VTK under IBM ThinkPad T23

TzuYi Yu tyyu01 at mail.apol.com.tw
Sat Feb 9 10:54:54 EST 2002

> Well, I really have no idea of Windows drivers but I do know that
> under linux Mesa versions earlier than 4.x have some trouble with VTK.
> In the mesa case actors will suddenly (pretty randomly too) disappear.
> These problems have been fixed and shouldn't occur with recent Mesa
> releases.  What I'm trying to say is that it is possibly a
> driver/openGL problem.  So maybe upgrading/downgrading the s3 drivers
> (if thats possible) is a good idea.
>
> prabhu

Thanks for your suggestion.

This problem has been forwared to IBM Hardware repair center and Software
departments,
they have updated the Bios and  the S3 driver for the T23 I have --
but still the problem is here.  If this is related to the S3 driver /OpenGL
issue, the IBM (or S3)
should be responsible for updateing.  But the lady from  "Customer Relations
Management  Team"
just told me the IBM can not guarantee any 3rd party program work on their
machine (they ignore
the fact that this program works on other PCs, except their T series), and
saying I am the only ONE
in the world has this problem!  The solution for me is "turning off the
hardware acceleator" !
I can NOT believe I am the only one who use the T23 to run vtk application!
And kind of supersize
to know a big company like IBM could serve the customer this way!

Any one who has ThinkPad T series with RAM exceeds 128MB RAM can try for
this issue? Please ....

Thanks,

Robert