[vtkusers] I need helps and suggestions for runing VTK under IBM ThinkPad T23

Alan Shih feigee at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 8 18:04:50 EST 2002

I ran this app on the following machines, and none of them have this problem
you experienced.  But of course, I don't have an IBMT-series notebook.  I
think this is a problem with IBM T-series, either at the hardware level or
the S3 driver.

* SONY R505JSP/ 256MB / XP (PIII-850 Notebook, Intel graphics card)
* IBM560X/ 96MB/ WIN2K (P-233 Notebook, but it has NeoMagic graphics card,
not S3)
* AMD1300, ASUS MB, 256MBDDR, WINXP (Desktop, Nvidia GForce2 MX)
* AMD800, GIGABYTE MB, 256MB, WIN2K (Desktop, ATI graphics card)

It is scary to think of such an advanced machine from IBM would deny VTK to
function properly.  I am really curious to know if IBM machine or the S3
graphics card they are using does cause this problem in general with VTK.
If you have an IBM at hand, maybe you can share your test results with us?

Alan