[vtkusers] Wrong extent after SetInput

Benjamin King benjaminking at web.de
Wed Dec 4 13:17:27 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm doing some volume rendering and the source for the mapper is a
vtkImageCast object. When my program is started, vtkImageCast has a
generated volume (built with vtkImageEllipsoidSources,
vtkImageMathematics and vtkImageGaussianSmooth) as its input.
The user can load a volume from disk (using a vtkImageReader2). When I
change the input of the vtkImageCast to this reader, the extent from the
old volume is kept. Thus the mapper draws only a portion of the input.

If I destroy the mapper and generate a new one after the input to
vtkImageCast changed, all works as expected.

This problem has been mentioned by a few people on the list, but I
couldn't find an answer.

thanks for your help,
   Benjamin King

--
There are only 10 types of people in this world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.