[vtkusers] Working CMakeCache.txt for linux+java14

Bernhard Gschaider Bernhard.Gschaider at unileoben.ac.at
Tue Aug 20 09:06:55 EDT 2002

Hi!

I've been trying to get vtkNightlySrc to run on different
configurations with the JDK 1.4 from Sun.

TCL and C++ work fine, but when I want to run file in
Examples/Tutorial/Step1/Java (Cone.java) I get the following message:

> java Cone

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x4C3F9BD0
Function=_ZN12vtkHashTable12AddHashEntryEPvS0_+0x40
Library=/usr/local/lib/vtk/libvtkCommonJava.so

Current Java thread:
        at vtk.vtkPolyData.VTKCastInit(Native Method)
        at vtk.vtkPolyDataSource.GetOutput_2(Native Method)
        at vtk.vtkPolyDataSource.GetOutput(vtkPolyDataSource.java:20)
        at Cone.main(Cone.java:42)
[ list of libraries follows ]

I've been trying this on
- RedHat 7.2
- Suse 8.0
with
- gcc 2.95
- gcc 3.0
and the message is always the same.

I've checked with the message
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2002-March/010120.html
from the archive.
Attached to that message is a CMakeCache.txt. I can't decode this file
(tried different utilities and approaches).
I'd like to compare that (or another working) CMakeCache.txt with mine, to see
if there are options, that I set incorrectely.

So my question is: Could someone, who succseeded in compiling
vtk+java1.4, send me a copy of his CMakeCache.txt (and tell me which
version of vtk he was compiling).

Thanks in advance
Bernhard

PS : I successfully compiled the same vtk-Version on a CompaqAlpha
with Tru64-Unix and java1.4, and it works, so I guess it has
to be a problem with the options.