[vtkusers] Window-level in vtkImagePlaneWidget?

dean.inglis at on.aibn.com dean.inglis at on.aibn.com
Tue Aug 20 07:17:15 EDT 2002

Hi Maurice,

I tired to reproduce your problem with my own data scled and shifted via vtkImageShiftScale so that the range was 500 to 1500.  The vtkImagePlaneWidget appears with normal default lookig W/L: it calculates initial W/L in ::SetInput(vtkDataSet*)

//note that vtkDataSet is downcast to vtkImageData !!

  float range[2];
  this->ImageData->GetScalarRange(range);

  this->LookupTable->SetTableRange(range[0],range[1]);
  this->LookupTable->Build();

  this->OriginalWindow = range[1] - range[0];
  this->OriginalLevel = 0.5*(range[0] + range[1]);

Can you provide a simple tcl script, cxx example, or snippet of your pipeline code that illustrates/contains the problem?  If you do a GetScalarRange on your image data what values are obtained?

Dean