[vtkusers] picking individual spheres in 3D glyph - GeneratePointIDOn/Off

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Sun Sep 30 16:07:01 EDT 2001

Hi Jiaye-

Pick the point with the point picker, get a point id.

Use this point id to get the value of input point id, something like:
vtkDataArray *inputIds =
glyph->GetOutput()->GetPointData()->GetArray("InputPointIds");
inputId = inputIds->GetTuple1(pickedId);

You have to have the latest vtk4.0 for this to work.

Will