[vtkusers] picking individual spheres in 3D glyph - GeneratePointIDOn/Off

jiaye zhou jiaye at inztro.com
Sat Sep 29 14:03:45 EDT 2001

Hi Will,

   Thanks for the info. I actually have a fairly recent nightly release. I
do have the new vtkGlyph3D methods. But I can't find the new .h file or the
new .cxx file to see what it is doing. (since the documentation doesn't
cover it yet, I figured I'd look in the code). I even downloaded lastnight's
update, and didn't see any of the GeneratePointID methods in the header
file. Any suggestions on where I can find such info? So without the docs, I
decided to go ahead and give the new feature a try. I called
GeneratePointIdsOn. Then I used the pointpicker and picked a point, got a
pointId back. Now How do I use this point id to do a lookup as you
mentioned, and eventually associate it with the vertex point? I didn't find
any method in vtkGlyph3D to retrieve this data.

Thanks for your help

Jiaye