[vtkusers] Volume Rendering errors

Gala'Vi and Liss @ Mainframe Country pushkare at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 8 21:59:05 EDT 2001

I have a float dataset and I would like to volume render it, but when I
try to use the code from examples, I get this:

ERROR: In vtkVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx, line 910
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper (0x105bdaf0): The scalar data type: 10 is not
supported when volume rendering. Please convert the  data to unsigned char
or unsigned short.

Does this mean that it's impossible to volume-render float datasets?
The dataset is structured points and contains IEEE float 16-bit data.

Please help.

-- Gala Wind

  -- There is always a way,
        you just have to find it.