[vtkusers] integrating data and model

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Nov 8 11:32:24 EST 2001

hi,

    GG> I am using one renderer and in this renderer I render a model
    GG> which i import from a vrml file and also some data (non
    GG> vrml). Now I want to rotate my vrml model only so that it can
    GG> sit right on top of my data.  How can I do that.  Amy
    GG> suggested that I could move the camera, but since i am using
    GG> one renderer, when I change the camera elevation (for
    GG> example)it changes the view of the data along with model.

You can get the list of all the actors generated from the VRML file
and apply transforms to them.  If you dont know how to get the
individual actors you simply do the following.

Before you load the vrml file do a

a_c = renderer.GetActors()

and get all the actors.

After you load the VRML file find all the actors and find the
difference of these results.  Then you have your actors.  After that
do what you please with them.

prabhu