[vtkusers] VTK Nightly/4.0

Johnson, G (Greg) G.Johnson at rl.ac.uk
Wed Nov 7 09:26:14 EST 2001

Hi folks,
  I'm trying to get vtk4 up and running.  I've installed Tcl 8.3.4.1
(ActiveState) which has broken the vtk3.2 installation, but the vtk4 scripts
also don't seem to work.  I have been doing experimental builds and
generating dashboards, and the tests run fine, but I can't seem to get any
scripts to run by hand.

The error I get when running anything with a 'package require vtk' is
'::vtk::load_component: vtkCommonTCL could not be found'

I'm not really clear on the DLL structure of vtk4 - do I have to remove the
old DLLs from <winnt>/system32/?  Where are the new DLLs?  (I'm using cmake
then search for the existence of the DLLs but can't find them anywhere -
very bizarre.

If anyone has written a short note on how to get vtk4 running, it would be
really helpful.  M. Barre's note in VTK\Wrapping\Tcl\README is a good start,
but doesn't indicate what to do with problems when $auto_path is set
correctly.

Many thanks for any help!

Cheers,
greg