[vtkusers] VTK Nightly/4.0

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Wed Nov 7 09:35:00 EST 2001

At 11/7/2001 02:26 PM, Johnson, G (Greg) wrote:

>The error I get when running anything with a 'package require vtk' is
>'::vtk::load_component: vtkCommonTCL could not be found'

Meaning that the vtkCommonTcl.dll was not found.

>I'm not really clear on the DLL structure of vtk4 - do I have to remove the
>old DLLs from <winnt>/system32/?

You should either remove them or ensure that the VTK 4 DLL are found
*before* the 3.2 are found (i.e. their respective path in the PATH env var).

>   Where are the new DLLs?  (I'm using cmake
>then search for the existence of the DLLs but can't find them anywhere -
>very bizarre.

Two importants items in CMake: the source directory (obviously the source
VTK 4 directory in that case) and the *build* directory (that you have
chosen yourself). The DLL are in the builddir, under the bin directory,
then under another directory which name depends on the kind of build you
created (either Debug, Release, etc.).

Hope this helps

--
Sebastien Barre