[vtkusers] vtkGTKRenderWidget.py problems on win32

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Nov 6 06:59:03 EST 2001

hi,

    DP> I am using pygtk + vtk (via vtkgtkrenderwidget.py) eg: python
    DP> vtkGTKRenderWidget.py

[snip]

    DP> When the window is realised, this trace back is printed, but
    DP> otherwise it is all functional.

    DP> I'm mindful of the bug listed in vtkgtkrenderwidget.py as to
    DP> the XID hacks used, but don't know what to do with this
    DP> myself.

Indeed, the xid wont work under Win32.  Since I am fortunate not to
use windows ;) I did not check the widget under win32.  I'd appreciate
if you could test to see if there is some method/attribute that pygtk
provides under win32 that produces the HWND that MSW provides for the
window.  If it is possible (which I think it should) it should be easy
to fix this bug.

It might be as simple as replacing

str (self.box.get_window ().xid)
with
str (self.box.get_window ().hwnd)

but I am not sure.

If you have trouble with getting the HWND of the window could you ask
James Henstridge <james at daa.com.au> about it?

thanks,
prabhu