[vtkusers] ReleaseDataFlagOn question

Naveen Kumar Polapally naveenpkumar at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 20:19:54 EST 2001

I posting this problem before but could not solve my problem.
I see that  ReleaseDataFlagOn() works fine for Imaging pipeline
but not so for the graphics pipeline. I tried to look at the underlying
code.

I see that the data is being released that by calling

vtkFieldData::Initialize()
{
  int i;
  if ( this->Data )
    {
    for ( i=0; i<this->GetNumberOfArrays(); i++ )
      {
	this->Data[i]->UnRegister(this);
      }
    delete [] this->Data;
    this->Data = NULL;
    }

  this->NumberOfArrays = 0;
  this->NumberOfActiveArrays = 0;
}

I see that this function gets called for both filters in imaging pipeline as
well as graphics pipeline like the one shown below.
But the memory is getting released only imaging pipeline.

Try ImageReader->ImageMagnify

Try ImageReader->vtkMarchingCubes.

I have not been able to figure out the reason , because the methods in
vtkDataObject and vtkSource are applicable to all the input data types
but still there is a difference.

It will be great if some one could help me with this.

Thanks,
naveen.