[vtkusers] (no subject)

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Thu Nov 1 15:25:02 EST 2001

vtkPointPicker should work, assuming you are trying to retrieve point
data.  Use the Pick method to pick a point on the surface.  The first 2
parameters (x and y) are the x and y pixel coordinates.  The z parameter
should be set to 0.  The 4th parameter is the renderer you are using.  If
you get a non-zero back from Pick (meaning that a point was successfully
picked), call GetPointId, which returns the point id of the picked
point.  You can use that information to get the scalar value associated
with that point:

[[dataSet GetPointData] GetScalars] GetScalar $i

(where i is the value you got from GetPointId).

You may also need to specify the tolerance in the picker to determine how
close you have to be to a point in the data set for it to be considered
"picked".

- Amy