[vtkusers] plot3d binary format (old question ?)

Philip Rubini p.a.rubini at cranfield.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 10:53:18 EST 2001

I am sure that this question has been asked many times but there is no
record in the archive.

>From my (limited) understanding of the source for the plot3d reader, is it
true that it is hard coded such that the originating data is always assumed
to be in BigEndian format. I can see why this might be done such that the
example plot3d data files will work on any platform. But working with the
binary only distribution on a pc this becomes somewhat more complicated. Am
I missing something, is there a method to select the binary 'endian format
for use with plot3d data formats, or is the only alternative to work with
the source directly ?

Phil. Rubini