[vtkusers] vtkPolyDataWriter's output

Randy Heiland heiland at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 28 09:17:39 EST 2001

On Mar 27,  7:21pm, Gala'Vi and Liss @ Mainframe Country wrote:
> Subject: [vtkusers] vtkPolyDataWriter's output
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about the vtkPolyDataWriter's output. Which order does
> it output the connectivity lists for polygons, triangle strips, etc.:
>
> 	CW or CCW?

In whatever order you (or a filter) create them in the PolyData.  You can
certainly mix both CW and CCW polys in a PD/PDWriter.  But I suspect your
question is really about a particular filter.  One simple experiment would be
to create a vtkStructuredPoints, e.g.:

# vtk DataFile Version 1.0
simple 2x2x2 mtx
ASCII
DATASET STRUCTURED_POINTS
DIMENSIONS 2 2 2
ORIGIN 0 0 0
SPACING 1 1 1

POINT_DATA 8
SCALARS sval float
LOOKUP_TABLE default
  0.0
  0.0
  0.0
  0.0
  1.0
  1.0
  1.0
  1.0

read in this dataset, apply a contour filter to it with a value=0.5, and write
out the Output of the filter using a vtkPolyDataWriter.  Keep in mind the
vtkPolyDataNormals class and its "flip" methods.

--Randy