[vtkusers] How to find proper member function of a particular class in vtk

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Mar 12 06:49:26 EST 2001

At 11:12 AM 3/12/2001 +0530, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>Well, vtkActor.h does have both the GetProperty and SetMapper member
>functions.  I dont know how the documentation does not show this.

I believe the reason that the GetProperty command does not show up is that
the comment that precedes it is associated with a block of methods (in this
case SetProperty and GetProperty). There are lots of these in VTK. It would
be absolutely wonderful if the doxygen-formatting scripts could be set up
to associate a comment with all the methods that follow in a group. I know
that doxygen has some grouping commands that might be useful here (we've
also tried to encourage the doxygen folks to use blank lines as group
delimiters to no avail).

Will

William J. Schroeder, Ph.D.
Kitware, Inc.