[vtkusers] How to find proper member function of a particular class in vtk

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-a at barre.nom.fr
Mon Mar 12 07:14:22 EST 2001

At 12/03/01 06:49 -0500, Will Schroeder wrote:
>At 11:12 AM 3/12/2001 +0530, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
>
>>Well, vtkActor.h does have both the GetProperty and SetMapper member
>>functions.  I dont know how the documentation does not show this.
>
>I believe the reason that the GetProperty command does not show up is that
>the comment that precedes it is associated with a block of methods (in
>this case SetProperty and GetProperty).

Exactly. Only the first Macro is documented, for example :

vtkSetObjectMacro(Mapper,vtkMapper);
vtkGetObjectMacro(Mapper,vtkMapper);

This is not so dramatic, because at least one is documented, and the other
is not so far away :)

>There are lots of these in VTK. It would be absolutely wonderful if the
>doxygen-formatting scripts could be set up to associate a comment with all
>the methods that follow in a group. I know that doxygen has some grouping
>commands that might be useful here (we've also tried to encourage the
>doxygen folks to use blank lines as group delimiters to no avail).

I've written most of the (infamous) Perl scripts that are used to build the
current documentation using doxygen (Vetle Roeim started the project) , but
they were no satisfying grouping mechanism at that time. Doxygen 1.6 has
been released, I guess I shall find some time to finish the scripts,
provided that Kitware will be OK with the tags that have to be put at the
beginning and the end of the group, and that it will upgrade to doxygen
1.6. I just had not time to take care of that until now.

Seb