[vtkusers] vtk, python20, TkRenderWidget, Win2000

John Shalf jshalf at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 7 13:40:07 EST 2001

I emphatically second the "Mandrake" recommendation!
Its RPMS are more compatable with RH installations than SuSE.
The MandrakeUpdate utility automatically checks for system/security patches, downloads them,
and installs them too.  This saves me a *lot* of time compared to RH when new CERT advisaries
come out....

But ultimately, all of us feel pretty cheezed off by the compiler/Mesa fiascos of RH7...

-john