[vtkusers] vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Jun 28 14:37:59 EDT 2001

hi,

    RG> I am trying to use vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter to
    RG> reconstruct a surface from a set of points.  I haven't been
    RG> successful yet.

Please atlest tell us what errors you get.  The more information you
give the better.

    RG> (1) I declare an object of vtkPoints and
    RG> initialize it: vtkPoints *points; // initialize
    RG> points->SetPoint(...);

    RG> (2) then I pass it to vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter by using:
    RG> vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter *surface =
    RG> vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter::New();
    surface-> SetInput((vtkPointSet*)points);

I may be very wrong but I am not sure this step is exactly correct.
The SetInput doesnt look right.  Look at
contrib/examplesTcl/reconstructSurface.tcl to see what has been done
there.  Try something like that and see.  The rest seems okay.

prabhu

--
  VOTE, n.  The instrument and symbol of a freeman's power to make a
  fool of himself and a wreck of his country.