[vtkusers] vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter

Raja Ghanem rng at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jun 28 13:12:14 EDT 2001

I am trying to use vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter to reconstruct a surface from a set of points.  I haven't been successful yet.

(1) I declare an object of vtkPoints and initialize it:
    vtkPoints *points;
    // initialize points->SetPoint(...);

(2) then I pass it to vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter by using:
    vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter *surface = vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter::New();
    surface->SetInput((vtkPointSet*)points);

(3) then I perform isosurface extraction:
    vtkContourFilter *isosurface;
    isosurface->SetInput(surface->GetOutput());
    isosurface->SetValue(0, 0.0);

(4) then I pass to PolyDataMapper the output of isosurface, etc...

Can anyone comment on my sequence of code and please let me know if there is anything wrong with what I am doing?

Thank you for your time and help,
Raja