[vtkusers] 2D Image viewing revisited

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Thu Jun 28 11:27:54 EDT 2001

Hi John,

I use two methods that I've mentioned in the list recently:

1) ParallelProjection plus a texture, zoom & pan work like
   to 'trackball' interaction and rotation is disabled.

2) vtkImageReslice plus a vtkActor2D for zoom & pan, completely
   custom code for interaction (interaction written in python,
   zoom & pan done via vtkImageReslice).
   The interaction code also moves the camera around, so that
   any vtkActors used for annotation also move when zoom, pan
   are done.

In both cases, I use the vtkRenderer + vtkRenderWindow... I never
use the vtkImageWindow, even for 2D image viewing.

The 'select the area you want to zoom in on' type of interaction
doesn't appeal to me, I prefer to use a smooth zoom (but my images
are a lot smaller than yours, I think).

 - David