[vtkusers] 2D Image viewing revisited

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 08:59:05 EDT 2001

Dear anyone,

The question of 2D image viewing has cropped up several times lately and I
wonder if there is a "best" way of implementing this. I've written what
seems to me to be a very cumbersome and lengthy implementation of image
zooming, panning, region selection and had to modify vtkActor and
imagemapper  and renderwindow to get it working the way I want.

It seems there ought to be an easier way of achieving it by simply setting
camera projection to parallel, altering the viewing angles and zoom etc
etc. My question is...

How does everyone else view 2D images, select regions, magnify them and
zoom in on interesting features etc?

thanks

JB