[vtkusers] doubles, floats, java

Karin Faulhaber faulhaber at ipf.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jun 28 09:24:53 EDT 2001

Hello,

this is supposed to be simple, maybe I just looked at it for too long:
I have a couple of numbers I want to put into a vtkDataArray (actually
into a vtkPoints object). Let's say the numbers have 5 decimal places
and 7 places (right word??) before the decimal point. For example:
3556236.77071

But with array.GetComponent() I just don't get the same numbers I have
put in.

I played around with doubles and floats and doubleArrays and
floatArrays, I also tried multiplicating with 100000 and casting to long
ints and so on.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I should mention
that I use vtk with Java (and obviously hardly have experience with this
type and casting stuff).

Thanks a lot, this is an important and basic point for me!
Karin

--
Karin Faulhaber
Universitaet Karlsruhe