[vtkusers] Install vtk to use with java in Windows98

Poecher at gmx.de Poecher at gmx.de
Wed Jun 27 07:02:11 EDT 2001

It looks like you have problems with your classpaths. If you want perfect
knowledge about it, you should study some tutorials on the ClassLoader
mechanism in Java.
My solution for this problem is usually that I put all my souce files in one
package, say "package myApp;". Then I copy vtkPanel.java to the dir of the
other sources and change the package statement at the top of vtkPanel.java to
"package myApp;". Of cause the classpath must point to vtk.jar when compiling
and executing your project.

I hope this gets you going. But you will encounter another problem:
Interaction won't work when using JDK1.3+. Use JDK1.2.2 instead.

http://www.gmx.net

--
GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a