[vtkusers] re: slow volume visualization

Erin Willson hopest at icom.ca
Wed Jun 27 10:24:35 EDT 2001

I have successfully compiled vtkdll.dll with Borland C++ Builder vers. 5 on
a machine with:

Pentium 4, 1.5 GHz, 512 MB RDRAM, ATI RADEON 64 Mb graphics card, running
Windows 98 SE

I am visualizing 3D medical data using vtkLODProp3D with texture mapping.
In my console test app, I'm getting inferior interaction rates compared with
those attainable with VolView or with David Gobbi's Atamai python scripts.
I realize this issue has been brought up before but there wasn't much detail
on what could be done.  I have tried the suggestions found in the FAQ but
found them ineffective.  Could we have a peek at some of the coding of
VolView that handles LOD?

Also, how would one tie AbortCheckMethod() to poll for mouse movements so
that rendering of a higher res texturemapper would be aborted (in C++) ?
Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Dean Inglis