[vtkusers] volume rendering and progress methods

Lisa S. Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Wed Jun 6 11:57:09 EDT 2001

Hello Alex,

Although the volume rendering mappers do not supply progress (I don't think
any mappers do) they do obey the abort flag. You need to set the
AbortCheckMethod on the vtkRenderWindow. Here is an example in Tcl (taken
from volSimple.tcl):

proc TkCheckAbort {} {
   set foo [renWin GetEventPending]
   if {$foo != 0} {renWin SetAbortRender 1}
}
renWin SetAbortCheckMethod {TkCheckAbort}

In this case the render is aborted on mouse presses. You can modify the
logic to abort if more than a certain time elapsed (by also adding a start
render method to start the timer)

Lisa