[vtkusers] Convert polydata surface volume to implicit function

Henkjan Huisman henkjan at m14-027.azn.nl
Fri Jun 1 11:20:39 EDT 2001

Hi vtkuser,

I have a surface polydata enclosing a volume. I want to convert it into
an implicit function that I can use to determine whether a location is
inside or outside the volume. The polydata is the result of a
marchingcubes (ContourFilter) and triangularization (ExtractEdges) step.
Can you indicate how this can be done using VTK functionality?

Yours,

Henkjan

H.J. Huisman, PhD, MSEE       E : henkjan at radiology.azn.nl
Medical Imaging Scientist     T : +31 24 3617536/14545
Dept. Radiology               F : +31 24 3540866
UMC St. Radboud               S : 430 Radiologie/POBox 9101/
                                  6500HB Nijmegen/Netherlands