[vtkusers] Problem compiling VTK for Cygwin

Steve Boyd boyd at biomed.ee.ethz.ch
Fri Jun 1 11:19:38 EDT 2001

Hi,

When I try to compile VTK (v3.2, UNIX tar source) on Cygwin (v1.7) it
has problems with graphics/vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow because it can't
find the include file: glaux.h
I looked at the opengl FAQ page
(http://www.opengl.org/developers/faqs/technical/gettingstarted.htm#0080)
and found that they suggest to use GLUT instead of AUX.  I don't really
know what the difference is, and I hesitate to just change the reference
to glut.h in the vtk source.  Can somebody tell me what I should do so
that I can compile successfully?

Sincerely,

Steve

ps. If somebody can give me an example of ./configure options and
changes in user.make (CXX flags?) that resulted in a successful compile
of VTK on Cygwin I would much appreciate it.  So far I've used:

env CXX=g++ CC=gcc ./configure --with-opengl --with-patented
--with-contrib --prefix=/home/boyd/vtk

--
Steven Boyd, PhD

Institute for Biomedical Engineering