[vtkusers] Problem compiling VTK for Cygwin

Joey Mukherjee joey at phobos.space.swri.edu
Fri Jun 1 11:33:49 EDT 2001

>When I try to compile VTK (v3.2, UNIX tar source) on Cygwin (v1.7) it
>has problems with graphics/vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow because it can't
>find the include file: glaux.h
>I looked at the opengl FAQ page
>(http://www.opengl.org/developers/faqs/technical/gettingstarted.htm#0080)
>and found that they suggest to use GLUT instead of AUX.  I don't really
>know what the difference is, and I hesitate to just change the reference
>to glut.h in the vtk source.  Can somebody tell me what I should do so
>that I can compile successfully?

I have a glaux.h in /usr/include/GL.  I am using the latest Cygwin and I think
there is an OpenGL package for Cygwin that you can download that will have this
file...

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                                                       +
+      joey at swri.org                 "The price of freedom is eternal      +
+                                     vigilance, or $12.50 as seen on      +
+  http://www.space.swri.edu/~joey    EBay...                              +