[vtkusers] vtkPanel

Randy Heiland heiland at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 29 15:57:49 EDT 2001

> it does just that: it prints "mouseMoved". Same with any other of these
> mouse or key event methods. Just as it ought to be.
>
> But: it doesn't work for the mouseDragged method. Since this is the
> method handling zooming, panning and rotating (which is working) I
> assume this method is executed. But on the other hand, if it doesn't
> execute my System.out.println, I have to assume the whole method isn't
> executed. If that is the case - why does it zoom/pan/rotate, and why
> isn't it executed in the first place?
>
> I'm really at a loss with this one. Any help appreciated!!!

Karin,

Inserting a debug println into mouseDragged does indeed get executed (printed)
when I rotate, etc.  Perhaps you're not using the vtkPanel.class file that you
think you are?  Does your CLASSPATH point to a prebuilt .jar file instead
perhaps?  As a sanity check, change the msg being printed by the mouseMoved
method.

--Randy