[vtkusers] vtkPanel

Karin Faulhaber faulhaber at ipf.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Jul 30 05:45:40 EDT 2001

Hi Randy,

> Inserting a debug println into mouseDragged does indeed get executed (printed)
> when I rotate, etc.  Perhaps you're not using the vtkPanel.class file that you
> think you are?  Does your CLASSPATH point to a prebuilt .jar file instead
> perhaps?  As a sanity check, change the msg being printed by the mouseMoved
> method.

That's the funny thing: if I change the message being printed in
mouseMoved, it prints the new message, so I _am_ using the right
vtkPanel.class file.

	public void mouseMoved(MouseEvent e) {
    		System.out.println("say something");
    		lastX = e.getX();
    		lastY = e.getY();
	}

	public void mouseDragged(MouseEvent e) {
    		System.out.println("also say something");
    		if (ren.VisibleActorCount() == 0) return;
    		int x = e.getX();
    		int y = e.getY();
    		// rotate
  	}

The only thing it prints is "say something". And if I delete the line in
mouseMoved, nothing happens at all.

It's just not logical!!

Thanks
Karin