[vtkusers] vtkPanel

Karin Faulhaber faulhaber at ipf.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Jul 29 11:25:13 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have a funny problem with vtkPanel. Well, actually I don't think it's
funny anymore ...

I use a local copy of vtkPanel and have extended it with my own code.
Everything worked fine until now. Since vtkPanel implements
MouseListener, all the methods like mouseMoved, mouseDragged etc. are
implemented in vtkPanel. If I extend for example the mouseMoved method
from

	public void mouseMoved(MouseEvent e) {
    		lastX = e.getX();
    		lastY = e.getY();
	}

	public void mouseMoved(MouseEvent e) {
		System.out.println("mouseMoved");
    		lastX = e.getX();
    		lastY = e.getY();
	}

it does just that: it prints "mouseMoved". Same with any other of these
mouse or key event methods. Just as it ought to be.

But: it doesn't work for the mouseDragged method. Since this is the
method handling zooming, panning and rotating (which is working) I
assume this method is executed. But on the other hand, if it doesn't
execute my System.out.println, I have to assume the whole method isn't
executed. If that is the case - why does it zoom/pan/rotate, and why
isn't it executed in the first place?

I'm really at a loss with this one. Any help appreciated!!!

Karin

--
Karin Faulhaber
Universitaet Karlsruhe