[vtkusers] video card

Ted Christiansen ted at caept.com
Fri Jul 6 10:23:23 EDT 2001

Robert,

I have an Oxygen GVX1 on a 800 Mhz PIII running NT.  It works well.  Comparing OpenGL graphics
cards is best done by comparing the SPEC viewperf results (www.spec.org).  This benchmark
software and datasets is used by almost every vendor to help you compare the graphics
performance in a particular system (which has an influence).  If the manufacturer does not have
any results in their webpage, send them an email and ask them.  The GVX1 card is already 1 year
old, there may be better values (polygons/sec per dollar) out there.

Ted