[vtkusers] Vtk 3.2 Beta

Carsten Kübler kuebler at ira.uka.de
Tue Jan 16 08:23:28 EST 2001

Hello,

here are some comments and suggestions during my work with vtk 3.2 beta
and qt 2.2.

1. The imager doesn't erase the whole contents (Use in combination of
vtk and qt). (same as 3.1 and 3.2)

     void vtkOpenGLImager::Erase()
     {

      glClearDepth( (GLclampd)( 1.0 ) );

       vtkDebugMacro(<< "glClear\n");
     //  glClear((GLbitfield)GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
       glClear((GLbitfield)GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT |
     GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);
     }

2. I had to set the viewUp of the camera when I render the first time
(Use in combination of vtk and qt). Maybe a problem of my
implementation?! (new in 3.2)

     void vtkOpenGLCamera::Render(vtkRenderer *ren)
     {
       if (!this->reset)
       {
        double data[3];
        this->GetViewUp(data);
        this->SetViewUp(data);
        this->reset = 1;
       }
     }

3. Please declare the vtkImageViewer::Render() method as virtual. (same
as 3.1 and 3.2) Otherwise it is not possible to handle changes of the
inputdata. (I add a resample object to the pipe to improve the
flexibility of the imageviewer)

     void vtkImageViewer::Render()
     {
       // initialize the size if not set yet
       if (/*this->ImageWindow->GetSize()[0] == 0 &&
     this->ImageMapper->GetInput()*/this->ImageResample->GetInput())

         {
         // get the size from the mappers input
         this->ImageMapper->GetInput()->UpdateInformation();
         int *ext =
     this->ImageMapper->GetInput()->GetWholeExtent();
         this->ImageWindow->SetSize(ext[1] - ext[0] + 1, ext[3] -
     ext[2] + 1);
         }

       this->ImageWindow->Render();
     }

4. Try to splitt the OpenGL extension from the Window implementations.
So it would be easier to write a package to combine a GUI and vtk. (same
in 3.1 and 3.2)

Carsten