[vtkusers] creating a volume from polygonal data

Jeroen van Baar jeroen at merl.com
Mon Feb 5 10:39:22 EST 2001

All,

I'm fairly new to VTK. I want to create some simple test volumes to
verify a volume rendering algorithm. For example I created a cube, and
applied the vtkVoxelModeller to sample the data and
vtkStructuredPointsWriter to write the data to file. When I try to
volume render the file just created, it does not work since the file
stores the scalars as VTK_BIT (well actually the voxel modeller does
this).

Is there another way to sample polygonal data into a volume (or to a
structured points dataset)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks much,

-jeroen
--
Jeroen van Baar