[vtkusers] How can do surface rendering with hardware acceleartion?

Shade shade_cn at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 23:04:40 EDT 2001

Dear everyone,

    When I do volume rendering with vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow
and vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D, I can utilize the hardware
acceleration of my "3Dlabs Permedia3!" display adapter, the
rendering speed is faster than other display adapter without
hardware acceleration. But when I do surface rendering with
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow and vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper, it
seems the rendering speed of "3Dlabs Permedia3!" is the same
slow as other display adapter without hareware acceleration.
    Who can tell me what's wrong with my surface rendering
scheme? Thanks in advance!

Yours,
Shade