[vtkusers] Giving lines a gradient opacity

Lisa Sobierajski Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Sun Aug 19 17:08:38 EDT 2001

Hello Eric,

You need to associate scalars with the points in your lines. You would then
use a lookup table to define the RGBA color for each scalar value - and
therefore you can have independent color/opacity at each end of the line.
How well this works for you will depend on your hardware / video driver as
some of them do a poor job of color interpolation on lines.

Lisa