[vtkusers] Giving lines a gradient opacity

Eric Charles Woods woodse1 at lincoln.ac.nz
Sun Aug 19 05:56:03 EDT 2001

I am wanting to display vector data as simple lines with 2 points,
and I am currently using vtkLineSource ok.

Problem is, I would like to indicate the directions of the lines by
having it fade from fully opaque to fully transparent.  To do this I
would like to be able to give each endpoint a different opacity value.
Is this possible?

Even giving each endpoint a different colour value could be better
than a kick in the pants.

Can anyone think of anything other than a kick in the pants?

thanks

Eric Woods
Applied Management & Computing Division
Lincoln University