[vtkusers] vtkCamera and standard views

Ben Held ben.held at staarinc.com
Mon Sep 11 15:43:46 EDT 2000

Hello,

I need to be able to offer a set of standard views (top, bottom, left,
right, front, back, isometric, reverse isometric) to my users.  I have tried
to use vtkCamera::SetViewPlaneNormal() (and also tried vtkCamera::SetRoll),
but these don't seem to work as expected.  Does anyone have any ideas on how
to do this properly?  Additionally, I would like to be able to tell the user
the current rotation position in something like spherical coordinates
(theta, phi, roll) and allow them to set these values exactly.  Ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben L. Held
Simulation Technology & Applied Research, Inc.
11520 N. Port Washington Rd.
Suite 101B
Mequon, WI  53092
Phone: (262) 240-0291 x101