[vtkusers] Nightlies causing errors

Gregor gregorb at clear.net.nz
Mon Sep 4 00:55:00 EDT 2000

I have also experienced this fault.  I wanted to upgrade from vtk 2.4 so I
initially downloaded the current source from cvs on 30 Aug.  I built this
with BCB 5.0, on WinNT4 Sp4,Fire GL1000 and using John Biddiscombe's vtk
wizard.

I found that I always got a floating point exception on the call to
win->Render(), where win is a vtkRenderWindow.  This occured after re-sizing
or re-painting the window if it had beed completly obscured.  Otherwise
rendering was OK, e.g. zoom in/out.  Tracing through the code, the exception
always occured on the first OpenGl call after the call to win->Render().

Subsequently I reverted to using the 3.12 source release and, with the same
build environment in every other respect, I had no problems.

Gregor
Bruce